5.30.2008

MI to PA

So Wednesday morning rolls around quickly and it is time to be on the road again...I'm not sure how but I managed to get mostly packed on Tuesday, despite some major struggling and then I finished up Wednesday morning and hit the road by 7AM.

Since I knew I had a long drive ahead I decided that when I wasn't on the phone I would document the trip a little bit. I actually spent most of my time singing to my ipod and pumping the tunes, but I got a few shots.

Not to worry about safety...all shots were taking by my trusty Canon Powershot digital camera from behind a secured seatbelt at no less than 60MPH while weaving through 18wheelers and semi's...they tend to get in the way of superb photography.

How am I really feeling about this trip? or drive rather?


Well I think it might go something like this...



yeah pretty much

Not too far into the drive I need to stop for gas and I wonder why I am paying this much, it was 4.09 in northern MI, but common this is crazy, maybe I should have just ridden my bike


but nothing else really matters anymore when I spot this savior of a sign!!!

and life is good!...until my bladder feels like it is going to explode of course

I cross into Ohio


For those of you less traveled, or less tortured should I say. Ohio is the state of speed limits. They drop the speed drastically and their cops are known to be strict. So it's best to still drive fast, but watch like a hawk for the radar detectors


View from bridge as entering Ohio


Eventually hours later I enter Pennsylvania


Some decent scenery...in a construction zone of course


Across some bridge



At some point I crack and the result is pretty bad!...oh yeah that is right...

I'm pretty sure the first ingredient in these things is sanity!

Threw a tunnel...don't stare too long it plays games with your eyes


For a large chunk of PA I was apparently traveling through Chesapeake Bay


Oh my goodness! This is a good sign...the first WaWa's I see!


and an even better sign! Hallaluia I'm almost there...



I'm pretty happy about this!


Arrive at destination

not exactly the greatest picture of the Velodrome area but I'll work on that later

So I arrive around 4:30-5:00, say a quick hello to everyone, meet a few new people and get ready for the 5:30 group ride to spin out my legs.

The ride was amazing and I got to catch up with a few people from the past and of course started making new friends right away with my usual running mouth. The bike racing season always feels like a great reunion because when you get involved you end up with friends all over the country and some from other countries. Many of these friends you don't see for a long time, but when race season comes back you can count on them to be around!

No comments: