5.06.2007

Scramble

I've got a lot to say...what's new...but for now i'm going to give a run down and save my saga stories for another post or two!

So i've been back in MI sense Sunday night now and just running around trying to accomplish many things and get a lot done becuase i won't be here long. I am proud to say my entire fleet of bicycles is cleaned and in great operating condition...at least i got that done...

One great thing about being back in the room i grew up in is waking up in the morning and looking out the windowseat to the beautiful budding tree...it's such a great start to the day! The picure dosn't really do it justice but it's the best i've got for now


Unfortunatly my sister isn't done with school yet and she is still in NY, but will be getting back when i return from Kansas and we will have a few days to spend together before i head off to Philly for a fun filled summer of racing my bikes!!! Anyhow my sister Jessica is amazing and i miss her TONS! I can still beat her up despite the fact that she is a half foot taller than i am...but i'm pretty sure she can hit a baseball a lot farther than i could!!!....


I've had the pleasure of catching up with a lot of the MI crowd while i've been in town. Caught a few good group rides and even got to race with my Wolverine team mates! O and i almost forgot to mention that Ray Dybowski gave me a great push in the Thursday night group ride, which he was insistant I put in the blog...thanks Ray!!! Also a big thanks to Cullen Watkins and all the boys at American Cycle and Fitness for putting up with me this week as that is where i spent a lot of time working on bikes, cleaning, asking for help, and taking up bench and stand space. Additionally Jamie Smith has been exceptionally kind to me this week by providing not just one but two massages to get my legs back on track!!! THANK YOU...for those who aren't aware massage is one of my favorite things to recieve and actually also to give in return! I'm sure i'm forgetting many to be mentioned but my energy is running low and i need to move on...

Today i raced Springbank in London Ontario and got to race with the Wolverine girls, which was great!

Here we are warming up


In the race (by butt, Renee and Kelly)


And after the finish...


There was a crash early on and I got trapped behind that, went over the bars and turned my saddle sideways, but i took a pretty easy roll crash and was able to get back up and after riding my bike to the pit I got my saddle straightened out a bit and got in after a free lap. So as you can see in the picture above i ended up bringing in second place and Renee got third right on my wheel! It was a beautiful day and a great race. Best luck and wishes to Kelly and Amiee who both finished the race but will be recovering from a harder crash than myself.

No comments: