7.24.2008

CHICAGO...

So, I actually have a short research paper due today, which I haven't started yet, and in about an hour and half I need to go pick up an Australian rider, I'm riding with some friends at 3, I have a massage scheduled for 6, I need to pack up my room because my life will take to the road again in two days, etc. Basically I'm going to try and quickly explain these pictures and you will have to imagine the rest for yourself.



I've been by Chicago many time, but somehow never had the time to actually stop in and check out the city. So after Scott raced on Monday we decided Tuesday was the day for us to quickly explore some of Chicago...a very little bit of it we figure. After sleeping in we packed up from my friends house in WI and hit the road.

Detour


to the Jelly Belly factory!


on Jelly Belly Lane


this is it


and the retail section...you would think they would give you a good deal given that you traveled all the way to the factory, but forget that, it is still expensive...



at some point we spot this hot car


Driving into Chicago!






we parked, grabbed a bit to eat and headed toward Michigan Ave. On the way we saw...

Water Taxi


Stars & Stripes


Huge frog of Rainforest Cafe


Flair Lane


a cool bridge


and we reach Michigan Ave.


it is clear that the dominant Garmin store on the corner is a sign of how much I NEED to get a gps!...I didn't buy one there but I'm planning an online purchase in the very near future...seriously those things are so nice to have when your life is pretty much one huge, never ending road trip. More on this later...


After checking out Michigan Ave we headed for Navy Pier


passed the Chicago Tribune


walked along this canal



reached Navy Pier


wanted to go sailing


thought of Went when I saw the seadog!!! Love you Went, wish you could have been there


we got tickets to go on this sweet farriswheel


and got some good pictures from above





After the sun went down we chilled at the pier and then walked around a bit more

this sign was kinda funny


we found this water fountain


and this was from inside of it


hanging out by a canal we see




found some angels


and a moose...I climbed on it but Scott has those pictures


this one is for Carla!!!



Even though it was a short stop, Chicago was cool and it was a good time!

No comments: